Compared with previous official 1.0 release, this version brings the multiple rows span components feature, in addition to a few enhancement and bugs fixes:
- fixed several problems with baseline alignment (only on Java 5): issues #3 and #27
- fixed a problem with smart vertical resize of JList (issue #28)
- fixed an exception with multi-grid feature (issue #26)
- fixed an exception when creating a row but adding no component to it (issue #30)
- fixed a bad look with grids having just a label but no component (issue #31)
- optimized the size of the example jar (removed all screenshots that are used during automatic tests)
- completely refactored the examples application
- added an option to disable "smart vertical resize" feature (issue #34)
- Synchronization of several layouts: with this feature it will be possible to ensure correct alignments (vertical or horizontal) across several panels using DesignGridLayout. This will be particularly useful for use inside JTabbedPanes or in Wizard dialogs.
- Extension API to customize policies related to components vertical resize (the current -internal- policy recognizes only vertical JSliders and JScrollPanes as variable height components, but some users have expressed the need to recognize also other specialized components)
If you're not afraid of using a "work-in-progress" version, you can get it from Subversion trunk, build it according to the instructions on the web site, then take a look at the new Synchronizer class.
I hope to have a first 1.2 release candidate by end of March or early April.